Sunday 2 September 2012

Meeting the Architect

Meeting the Architect:

Once I finished the scaled drawing of my landscape, I have decided to meet an architect who owns the company Hi-Tech Designs. I needed guidance to do my next project. 

He was extremely kind to me and told me some very helpful things.

First if you are planning to use acrylic sheets, don't it will go way beyond your budget at 50000 rs!! (1000$).


The Architect Sir Naresh has won 3 awards for his modelling and is currently working on designs for chief ministers. He also teaches on the JNTU college.

The second important thing he told me was that I should not use clay, not even modelling clay. Modelling clay gets disturbed on constant rubbing and might hinder our robot movements. The lunar surface is hard.

 

The next important thing is that we have to divide our model into 2 parts. The skeleton and the body. Just like our body skeleton we must get our basis together and check whether our basis is proper and it will hold our robot. Once we do the basis we must go for the skin.

The architect asked me to use ply wood as my basis. He told that it was strong and was sturdy enough so that 3mm thickness plywood can support my robot. He asked me to get a carpenter to make my ramps and major craters done and then go to him for further guidance. 

He asked me to come to him once the basis was done and he would teach me to get the roughness of the lunar surface using P.O.S. . He did stress that the outer covering was equally important. 
Without this the entire design would look boring and use less.

The architect told me to color the basis with spray and only spray paint.


I will be coming with more advice and tips from the architect and many other wonderful people.

BY-ATOMIC ROBOT 

No comments: