Wednesday 5 September 2012

Making an Awesome Video

Well previously for the first phase I just created a home video and did some editing. It was good according to me, but even I knew that it could be better. So this time in order to create the video, my father sent me to a professional photo shooter Anil who is my father's friend.

Me and Karthik went there and were astonished to see that he cared for certain details that we never even though of.

Here are some tips and tricks to make your video successful.

1) The audio is very important:



Use a microphone to get rid of the unnecessary noise. 

In my first video, I had a problem of the fan noise hazing my audio. With this you will have  no more problem at all.

You can hide this microphone behind your shirt and then connect it to your webcam. 

Just remember not to breathe out hard as it might spoil your audio.




2) Lighting is crucial:

This was something that surprised us as in our first video we never even cared about the lighting. 

We thought that our home light is enough but clearly it is not.

Lighting gives a whole new dimension to your video. Far more crisp and clear images are formed with proper lighting. 

I wanted a pure white background and with proper lighting we managed to successfully do it.

Try and reflect the light of a wall or chart in order to get a more vivid and uniform brightness.

3) The camera matters:


You need a professional camera in a professional stand. The camera must be placed at the eye level and must record high quality pictures.
It is essential that the angle of your camera is right.

Always remember to look at the camera.

4) The script should be ready:

The script is the crux of your video. Making a video without a well defined script is like cooking without knowing what to cook.

If you try to make a video without a proper script, it will no doubt fail.
Luckily this was one of the tips I followed for my previous video.







5) Be confident:

That is all that matters. People listen to you when they are sure that you know what you are talking about.



Well these are some tips that helped. Hope they helped you too.

AS A TOKEN OF THANKS AND TO EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER I PRESENT MR. ANIL AND HIS WIFE WHO WERE CRUCIAL FOR ME TO MAKE THE VIDEO.


No comments: